Here are some pictures of preparation and a recipe for the 3 layer sandwich.
Coffee mugs and glasses...check.
3 Layer Sandwich aka Rainbow Sandwich
This sandwich is a crowd pleaser, every girl needs a "go to" recipe in her arsenal! This is a sandwich you can make ahead, so you will still have time to whip your house into shape.
I generally make this sandwich for a party to serve around 25 guests. Therefore, you may want to adjust the quantity.
- Bunch of beetroots (around 6)
- Packet of Carrots (around 7)
- Ice Berg Lettuce (1 large)
- Cream Cheese (4 packets)
- Vinegar, Mustard, Butter, Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 loaves of Pepperidge Farm thinly sliced sandwich bread (this is the best bread to make this sandwich)
- Cook Beetroot and Carrots separately in boiling salted water - Do not over boil, it needs to be a little tender
- Once cooked grate the beetroot and carrots separately and put into separate bowls
- Thinly slice the Ice Berg lettuce and keep in a separate bowl
- Add 1 packet of Cream Cheese, Salt and Pepper to each bowl and mix with the vegetables
- For the Beetroot mixture, add vinegar may be about 2 tablespoons and mix
- For the Carrots, add 1 tablespoon of mustard and mix
Now to assemble the sandwich!
- in a bowl put 1 stick of butter and soften ( I microwave for about 20 seconds)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Mustard, 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar to the softened butter and mix
- I generally make a few sandwiches at the same time
- Lay about 8 slices of bread and butter the bread
- take one tablespoon of Beetroot mixture and spread it on the bread
- Lay another slice of bread on top of the Beetroot and butter
- Spread the Carrot mixture (1 tablespoon) and put another slice of bread on top
- Spread the Lettuce mixture (1 tablespoon) and cover the sandwich
- Once assembled I cut the edges and cut into 4