Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Date Cake Recipe

I know it is not much to look at, but trust me it tastes good...so my friends say!  I have had sooooo many people ask for The Date Cake recipe that I decided to post it here.  So here it is:



Ingredients;

1 lb Chopped Dates
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 lb. Sugar
7 oz Chopped Cashew Nuts (pulse in a food processor)
2 teas spoon Vanilla
5 Eggs
6 oz Butter
6 oz Flour
1 1/2 teas sp Baking Powder
1 teas sp Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)

Method:

Soak the dates in water with the baking soda for a couple of hours.  Cream butter, sugar and then add eggs (tip- I usually beat all the eggs and pour it into the creamy mixture) and mix.  Fold in the flour and baking powder.  Add vanilla, dates mix and chopped cashew nuts and mix it in slow speed setting .  Bake in a hot oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...