Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dharshi's Pasta Recipe

When my friend visited from London, she offered to make a pasta dish.  I like spicy food; therefore, I was a little skeptical of the pasta recipe.  She bought cheese that I've never heard of  and only wanted first cold pressed olive oil!  I thought to myself "who does she thinks she is...Emeril's sister".  Little did I know that this pasta recipe would be a big hit.  I make it regularly as this one dish of pasta suffice for lunch or dinner.

Ingredients:

One packet of pasta Elbows (16 oz)
3 or 4 oz of Baby Spinach (chopped)
3 or 4 oz of Sun Dried Tomatoes (chopped)
8 oz of Halloumi Cheese (found it in Whole Foods)
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 teas sp of Black Pepper
1 table sp of Red Pepper flakes
1 1/2 table sp of Balsamic Vinegar
6 table sp of First Pressed Olive Oil
Salt to taste (I put 1/2 table sp of salt)

Method:
Saute chopped Spinach and mix it with the chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes.  In a mortar and pestle pound the Garlic, Black Pepper, Red Pepper flakes and salt.  Mix it with the Spinach mixture.  To the mixture pour Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil.  Slice the Halloumi Cheese and fry in a dry frying pan (you don't need oil).  The cheese has to turn golden brown on both sides.  Remove the cheese, and chop it before adding it to mixture.  Boil the elbows (follow direction on packet) and mix it with the mixture.

You can eat it cold or in room temperature.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...