Friday, September 16, 2016

Dining Room - Before & After

The inspiration for our dining room décor is from this art.  There is a story behind this artwork.  My friend from India, with a beautiful home and a collector of antiques had gone for the Jaipur Art Festival.  Jaipur is the capital of timeless splendid art and the most culturally enriched city in India.  When my friend saw the painting she called to say that she found this art that I would like.  I didn't even see the art, knowing my friend's taste, I asked her to buy it and mail.  LOVED every bit of the art and especially the colors.  So our dining room was decorated around this art from Jaipur!


When we renovated our house, we didn't decorate the dining room,  just put what we had together.  This was the before which I then thought looked fine.  Until I actually put these pictures together, didn't realize it was perfectly imperfect!


We painted the wall with Benjamin Moore White Dove the same as all the trim in our house.  BJ White Dove is a warm white and the ceiling dark pink, thus it gives a pink hue in the room.



 
 
 


We bought the chandelier from the New York Light district.


 
 

 
Brought these lanterns from Morocco.
 
 
The plate from Istanbul.


 
I love to have flowers on my table...
 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...