Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fabulous Young Man...MY Son!

I am a proud mother of a young man who just turned 30 (how is it possible, he was only born not too long ago)! I am soooooo proud of the young man he has turned out to be with his focus in life, career, sense of humour, and most of all his generous way to celebrate his 30th Birthday.

My son who just turned 30, as a birthday gift for himself, decided to raise money for a  charity. 

The charity is called “Visions” which helps young under privileged kids transform into leaders.  The kids supported by Visions have gone through sad heart wrenching life.  They escaped from war in the northern part of Sri Lanka and some have lost their parents and families. They were the forgotten children with their lives too hard by the time they were little.

Visions provide the ability for these kids to become leaders…changing an entire generation. Just imagine what could be achieved if everyone who read this donated only $5 or $10?

I have copied and pasted an e-mail below that my son sent out to his friends and family with a link to donate.

 
Dear Friends & Family,
If you have seen Zoolander you may recognize the name of my fundraiser in this link - http://www.razoo.com/story/Blessed. If you laughed please donate :) 

All jokes aside I wanted to do something special for my upcoming 30th birthday and there was no better idea than to raise money for a non-profit that is near and dear to my heart. 

Visions has been around for almost 10 years and has made a significant impact on the lives of thousands of kids in India and Sri Lanka. I really like this non-profit because they provide leadership training and education for kids who otherwise wouldnt have the opportunity. Helping kids help themselves is a great way to move a generation forward and with your support we can make a real difference.
If you could donate to this cause it would be greatly appreciated and would mean a lot to me :)
Your thankful friend,
Niru
P.S. Please forward this link to anyone you may know that would be interested in helping out!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...