Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Our Bedroom assembled over time

For the summer I have changed my bedding to white and mixed up with gold pillows...my new favorite colors.  The trick with white bedding is to make sure it doesn't look too boring, thus need to surround it with the right colors to get the look you want.  It makes it easier to mix up colors when the bedding is white and it is almost like a blank canvas.

I bought the gold pillows at different times and at different places.  Bought the Gold Suzani pillow in Toronto during my recent visit, the Ikat gold pillow is from Home Goods and the Gold pillow with a Rickshaw is from World Market purchased when in California.  When you put all the pillows together, you realize that there are so many different Gold!

From my previous posts, you know I love art and that is ethnic art work.  In Sri Lanka, there are artists who sell their fare around parks on week-ends.  Bought this art work from one of the artists in such hurry on our way to the airport.  I am so glad I did as I draw my color inspirations from this art.

So here are pictures of our bedroom assembled over time. 

 

All the mothers out there, wouldn't you agree with the quote...I think about my kids (aka adults) everyday!

 


 


 

Our lives are so hectic, I wanted a calming effect for our bedroom.  The wall paint color is Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware.  Love the color, it reads, blue, green and grey depending on the time, sun and lights.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...